I am going to be real with you…
For 15 years, I struggled with food addiction. Bingeing late at night after restricting myself all day and feeling guilty about every calorie I ate. Most of my girlfriends were naturally skinny and I was the one who looked in the mirror and was disappointed, even though I was the one who danced for hours and exercised the most. I didn’t have any discipline when it came to food. The comparison and negative self-talk continued to spiral me into emotional eating and then dieting or restricting; a cruel and unhealthy cycle.
I grew up in a place where food brought everyone together. Bread was a must on the table for breakfast, lunch and dinner. In fact, bread was also my quick snack. Potatoes, dairy products and all types of salty meats were the other important products that served us every single day. It was so normal to me, until I reached the teenage stage, and I started to look in the mirror and question myself about my body.
When I first started out my fitness journey, I was very uneducated. I fell for so many diets and social media delusions, but in one day I made a shift that changed my entire life and my performance quality. It changed my skin tone, my face started to look cleaner and healthier. I no longer have morning inflammation and was happy when I looked at myself in the mirror naked.
How did I make the shift?
- I told myself “enough is enough” and that I was done with suffering. My health and wellbeing are so much more important than the cravings for unhealthy meals and snacks. I now make positive, mindful food choices and feel at peace. I traded emotional eating for food that my body actually needs and craves. The goal changed from losing weight to living a healthier and happier life.
- I studied food and nutrition for years from as many sources as possible. I read books, I educated myself and I found the answers that I couldn’t find for years. I enjoy the most tasty and delicious foods, but this time I choose wisely what to have on my plate and what not to.
- I no longer starve myself. Starvation never served me well. It only stressed me out and made me overeat.
- I make a plan and I follow it. I eat intentionally but also treat myself occasionally!
- I do my own grocery shopping and meal prepping. I no longer make the excuse “I DON’T HAVE TIME FOR IT.” When something becomes a priority for us, we make time for it.
- I removed three major ingredients from my diet that were damaging my body:
- I always remind myself that my life, health and happiness are more important than the temporary satisfaction that creates long-term consequences like:
- Heart disease or a stroke
- High cholesterol
- Weight gain
- Blood sugar issues
- Shortness of breath
- High blood pressure
- Bloating and puffiness
NO MORE DIETING OR SUFFERING!
- Try my 4-week meal plan and lose 10-15 pounds. Discover a healthier relationship with your body and food.
This meal plan is based on healthy and organic products that will completely change your life and your perception about food. You can eat well and still feel happy with your body! EAT AND LIVE HAPPY. With the purchase of the meal plan, you receive a detailed guidebook of what to cook and how to prepare the meals.
BONUS: a personalized video of me taking you grocery shopping!
**DISCLAIMER: I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. This is based off of personal experience.